SmartEiffel is back in the trenches. It is now completely part of LibertyEiffel.
Here is the plan:
- really integrate SmartEiffel into Liberty (done)
- separate the C backend from the AST (fix and use the acyclic visitor)
- remove or rewrite the Java backend (using the acyclic visitor)
- rewrite the interpreter as a SmartEiffel backend (maybe using the acyclic visitor)
Extra points to fix:
- sedb — it lost some of its power in the latest releases (some break points disappeared)
- Liberty core — will be removed; that code is dead.
- some bugs in inline agents parsing (SmartEiffel segfault)
- some bugs in boost mode (invalid C code)
The Liberty libraries (both native and wrappers), on the other hand, are here to stay. They deserve being enhanced.
Spread the news :-)